Of our road freight services to Spain, Barcelona, with its surrounding provinces of Tarragona, Girona and Lleida, is by far our largest southbound route. Departing every day, with the exception of some Monday’s, this area of Spain accounts for upwards of 7 groupage trailers each week, plus a similar volume of full loads. Slightly less frequent is our import service from Barcelona, although still maintaining upwards of 5-6 trailers each week, leaving every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
Catalonia is one of the leading manufacturers of chemicals in the world and is fifth in Europe. It is therefore no surprise that our exports and imports between the North-East regions of Spain contribute a good percentage of the movements. However, even though most of our export and import departures are able to carry dangerous goods, we do also transport all types of merchandise from every sector of industry, for example; yarn, animal feeds, plastics, kitchenware, machinery, foodstuffs (also temperature controlled), and not forgetting wine!
- Our export service to Barcelona is daily with the occasional exception of Mondays
- Our import service from Barcelona is at least three times per week, leaving every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- ADR and temperature-controlled facilities are available on most departures, export or import
- Transit times vary between 2-5 days depending on the particular origin and destination
- Express dedicated van service also available with transit times circa 32-36 hours
Barcelona and Tarragona are also seaports, and major ones at that. Aside from being two of the main ports of the Mediterranean, being both financially more attractive than the Northern European ports, and beneficial on transit times to Asia, Tarragona in particular is also the largest port in Southern Europe for chemicals, account for 60% of its total cargo traffic.
Therefore, in addition to our extensive road freight services to and from Barcelona and surrounding areas, we can also provide sea freight cross trades to and from the ports of Barcelona and Tarragona.