Lyon is Frances third largest city after Paris and Marseille, and the second largest metropolitan area after Paris. So it bemuses me somewhat why you can’t get a direct flight from Manchester on a daily basis! But that’s another story.
Our service to Lyon is fast and efficient, and unlike the flights, more frequent! With a transit time of 48 hours (strikes and immigrants permitting!) from our depot to Lyon for part-loads, we are confident that this level of service can compare with, if not better, our French competitors. We can also discharge smaller shipments in Lyon which can then be delivered locally next day by our French partners on varied equipment including tail-lift vehicles, and also with the provision of hand pump-trucks to facilitate unloading.
Lyon is a key area in France for several reasons; on one hand there is the fact that Lyon has a strong chemical sector, and on the other, it is where the road forks left for Italy and right to Spain, both factors vitally important and synonymous to Ital Logistics.
As our partner’s headquarters is based in Lyon, capitalising on their services throughout Europe and beyond means that we can provide cross trade services to and from most European and worldwide countries.
- We provide a minimum twice-weekly service every Tuesday and Friday to Lyon, serving the regions primary areas including road freight services to Macon, Valence, Grenoble, Saint Etienne and southwards to the coast as far as Avignon, Nice and Montpellier.
- Additionally, our partners consolidate freight daily from Lyon to Corsica meaning we can provide frequent road freight service to the key towns in Corsica such as Ajaccio, Bastia and Bonifacio.
- From Lyon we are able to provide cross trade services throughout Europe and beyond.
- Transit times between our Manchester and Lyon depots are usually 2 days
- ADR and Temperature-Controlled services are available on most departures.
Whilst this service may be new (as at January 2016), it will follow the same philosophy to which the Company has prided itself on from inception – to provide a reliable and personalised service with openness, honesty and integrity. Many of our competitors speak these very same words, how true they are is only ascertained by one’s own experience.